Vulnerability Disclosure Philosophy
QuidelOrtho believes effective disclosure of security vulnerabilities requires mutual trust, respect, transparency and common good between QuidelOrtho and Security Researchers. Together, our vigilant expertise promotes the continued security and privacy of QuidelOrtho customers, products, and services.
QuidelOrtho accepts vulnerability reports from all sources such as independent security researchers, industry partners, vendors, customers and consultants. QuidelOrtho defines a security vulnerability as an unintended weakness or exposure that could be used to compromise the integrity, availability or confidentiality of our products and services.
This policy applies to any digital assets owned, operated, or maintained by QuidelOrtho, including public facing websites.
Our Commitment to Researchers
- Trust. We maintain trust and confidentiality in our professional exchanges with security researchers.
- Respect. We treat all researchers with respect and recognize your contribution for keeping our customers safe and secure.
- Transparency. We will work with you to validate and remediate reported vulnerabilities in accordance with our commitment to security and privacy.
- Common Good. We investigate and remediate issues in a manner consistent with protecting the safety and security of those potentially affected by a reported vulnerability.
What We Ask of Researchers
- Trust. We request that you communicate about potential vulnerabilities in a responsible manner, providing sufficient time and information for our team to validate and address potential issues.
- Respect. We request that researchers make every effort to avoid privacy violations, degradation of user experience, disruption to production systems, and destruction of data during security testing.
- Transparency. We request that researchers provide the technical details and background necessary for our team to identify and validate reported issues, using the form below.
- Common Good. We request that researchers act for the common good, protecting user privacy and security by refraining from publicly disclosing unverified vulnerabilities until our team has had time to validate and address reported issues.
QuidelOrtho recommends that security researchers share the details of any suspected vulnerabilities across any asset owned, controlled, or operated by QuidelOrtho (or that would reasonably impact the security of QuidelOrtho and our users) using the web form below. The QuidelOrtho Security team will acknowledge receipt of each vulnerability report, conduct a thorough investigation, and then take appropriate action for resolution.