Please read this Privacy Notice before using the QuidelOrtho Services or submitting personal information to us. By using the QuidelOrtho Services, you accept and expressly agree to our practices surrounding the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information in the manner described in this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Notice, you cannot, and we do not authorize you to, access, browse, or use the QuidelOrtho Services.
On occasion, QuidelOrtho may offer apps, special programs, activities, events or promotions (“Programs”) that have unique or additional specific terms, privacy notices and/or consent forms that explain how any information you provide will be processed in connection with the Programs. You should review the applicable terms before interacting or participating in the Programs.
- What Is Personal Information?
- How Does QuidelOrtho Collect Personal Information?
- Cookies and Other Tools
- What Personal Information Does QuidelOrtho Collect?
- How Does QuidelOrtho Use Personal Information?
- Does QuidelOrtho Share Personal Information?
- Cross-border Transfers of Personal Information
- Privacy Choices and Updates
- Supplemental Privacy Notices by Jurisdiction
- How Long Does QuidelOrtho Retain Personal Information?
- How Does QuidelOrtho Secure Personal Information?
- Does QuidelOrtho Collect Personal Information from Children?
- Third-party Sites, Services, and Links to Other Websites
- How Can I Contact QuidelOrtho?
- Privacy Notice Updates
1. WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION
“Personal information” or Personal Data is information that identifies an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Examples of personal information include your name, your email address, your postal address, and your telephone number.
2. HOW DOES QUIDELORTHO COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
QuidelOrtho collects personal information about you directly and indirectly. This can occur in a few different ways.
- Information you voluntarily submit or choose to provide
- Information you give us permission to collect from you or another source
- Through our websites and mobile apps
- From Healthcare Professionals
- From contract research organizations and clinical trial investigators
- From your participation in QuidelOrtho Programs and clinical trials
- From third-party service providers and business partners
- Automatically from devices you use to connect to QuidelOrtho Services (See “Cookies and Other Tools” below)
- From public sources including, but not limited to, social media and other websites that enable social sharing
- Information from government agencies, public, or third-party information sources
We may also combine information we get from a third-party with information we already have, and we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online.
If you choose to submit any personal information relating to other people, you represent that you have the authority to do so and permit us to use the information in accordance with this Notice.
3. COOKIES AND OTHER TOOLS
QuidelOrtho and its affiliates and their respective vendors, contractors, business and service partners, or other third parties (collectively “Service Providers”) may collect information about you by using cookies, tracking pixels, web beacons and other technologies (collectively, “Tools”). We may use this information to better understand, customize and improve user experiences with our websites, services and offerings and better understand the users of our sites, and to manage and develop our advertising and other corporate communications. Among other things, this information can make your use of QuidelOrtho Services easier and more meaningful by allowing QuidelOrtho and our Service Providers to provide better service, customize sites based on consumer preferences, compile statistics, provide you with more relevant advertisements based on your interests, analyze trends and otherwise administer and improve QuidelOrtho Services. If we have collected your personal information, we may associate this personal data with information gathered through the Tools.
Your web browser can be set to allow you to control whether you will accept cookies, reject cookies, or to notify you each time a cookie is sent to your browser. If your browser is set to reject cookies, websites that are cookie-enabled will not recognize you when you return to the website, and some website functionality may be lost. The Help section of your browser may tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting cookies. To find out more about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
You can also control Flash cookies which we may use on certain QuidelOrtho websites and apps from time to time by clicking here. Why? Because Flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings. Choices you make are both browser and device specific.
Here are some of the types of information we may collect when you access or use QuidelOrtho Services:
Log data: When you use QuidelOrtho websites and apps, our servers automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or app or your mobile app sends when you are using it. This log data may include your Internet Protocol address, the address of the web pages you visited that had QuidelOrtho features, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, how you used QuidelOrtho Services and cookie data.
There are options to restrict and delete cookies depending on your browser. However, if you disable cookies, you may be prevented from using certain parts and features of the QuidelOrtho Services. For more information on cookies and how to manage cookies visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Social media plugins and data: In addition, our websites and apps may use social media plugins (e.g., the Facebook "Like" button, '"Share to Twitter"' button) to enable you to easily share information with others. When you visit any of our online QuidelOrtho Services, the operator of the social plugin can place a cookie on your computer, enabling that operator to recognize individuals who have previously visited our websites. If you are logged into the social media website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) while browsing on our QuidelOrtho Services, the social plugins allow that social media website to receive information that you have visited our QuidelOrtho Services. The social plugins also allow the social media website to share information about your activities on QuidelOrtho with other users of their social media website. QuidelOrtho does not control any of the content from the social plugins. For more information about social plugins from other social media websites you should refer to those sites' privacy and data sharing statements.
If you choose to link your social media or Google account to QuidelOrtho, this allows us to obtain information from those accounts (such as your friends or contacts). The information we obtain from these services often depends on your settings or the applicable provider's privacy policies, so please check these policies before granting us access. You agree that we are not responsible for any acts or omissions by these social media service providers. If you give us permission to access this information, we will use it for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
Device information: In addition to log data, we may also collect information about the device you are using to access QuidelOrtho Services, including what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, unique device identifiers and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you are using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or an Android phone. To learn more about what information your device may make available to us, please also check the policies of your device manufacturer or software provider.
4. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES QUIDELORTHO COLLECT?
QuidelOrtho collects the following categories of personal information:
- Contact information and preferences (such as name, email address, mailing address, and phone number)
- Biographical and demographic information (such as date of birth, age, gender, ethnicity, and marital status)
- We may collect certain health and medical information in connection with managing clinical trials, conducting research, providing patient support programs, distributing and marketing our products, managing compassionate use and expanded access programs and tracking adverse event reports
- Any information you provide in connection with applying to or participating in a patient assistance or support program (such as financial need information)
- Payment-related information we need to complete a transaction (such as credit card number and financial account information)
- Username and password that you may select in connection with establishing an account on our websites or mobile apps
- Your photograph, social media handle or digital or electronic signature
- Publicly available information
- Internet activity, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browsing history, your search history and information on your interaction with the QuidelOrtho Services and our advertisements
- Username and password that you may select in connection with establishing an account on our websites or mobile apps
- Device information
- Geolocation data, e.g., your physical location or movements (See “Cookies and Other Tools” below)
- If you are accessing QuidelOrtho websites or apps on your mobile device, you may also choose to provide us with location data.
- Any adverse event information
If you are a Healthcare Professional, we may also collect:
- Professional credentials, educational and professional history, institutional and government affiliations, information included on a resume or curriculum vitae, education and work history (such as work experience, education and languages spoken)
- Information about the QuidelOrtho programs, products and activities with which you have engaged
- Details about our interactions with you, your prescribing of our products and the agreements you have executed with us, including remittance or other financial information
- Any information you choose to provide about yourself or your household
- Information collected in connection with QuidelOrtho hosted events or activities you attend or participate in
- Publicly-available information related to your practice, such as license information, disciplinary history, prior litigation and regulatory proceedings, and other due diligence related information.
We may use the personal information we collect about you with information obtained from other sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and other third parties. For example, we may use public information to confirm contact or financial information, to verify licensure of Healthcare Professionals or to better understand your interests by associating demographic information with the information you have provided.
To protect your privacy, you should not provide QuidelOrtho with any information that is not specifically requested.
5. HOW DOES QUIDELORTHO USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
How QuidelOrtho uses your information depends on how you interact with the QuidelOrtho Services. QuidelOrtho may disclose the following categories of personal information to:
- Provide our products and services to you and make them better
- Develop new products and services
- Fulfill your requests
- Provide customer service
- Send you communications regarding QuidelOrtho’s products, QuidelOrtho Services, or QuidelOrtho Investor Relations
- Notify you about special promotions or offers that may be of interest to you
- Invite you to participate in surveys about our products or services
- Better understand the interests of our customers and visitors who use QuidelOrtho Services
- Maintain QuidelOrtho’s online services such as websites and apps
- Monitor, detect and prevent fraud, improper activity and ensure QuidelOrtho’s policy compliance
- Conduct research including secondary and follow-on research
- Determine an individual’s eligibility to participate in QuidelOrtho programs or clinical trials
- Process Payments
- Evaluate how you and other users interact with our online services
- Protect QuidelOrtho and our users
- Secure our online services including our network, websites and apps
- Conduct audits related to our current interactions with you
- Debug the site and service to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
- Defend ourselves in litigation and investigations and to prosecute litigations
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
QuidelOrtho may also use information collected from you or about you to offer you customized content, including to:
- Recognize new or past visitors to our websites or apps
- Remember your personal preferences
- Show you more relevant and meaningful advertisements based on your interests
QuidelOrtho may also use your personal information for other purposes disclosed to you from time to time.
In addition, some of our applications and mobile-optimized sites may have location-based features. To deliver these features, we may collect and use location data provided by your mobile device.
We may use personal information collected from any of the sources listed in the “How Does QuidelOrtho Collect Personal Information?” section of this Notice for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our websites and apps, improving QuidelOrtho Services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify data about customers and site visitors and use it for any purpose, including product and service development and improvement activities.
6. DOES QUIDELORTHO SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
QuidelOrtho is a global company with its headquarters in the United States. QuidelOrtho has affiliates and subsidiaries located in the following regions:
- North America (e.g., United States, Canada)
- Latin America (e.g., Brazil, Colombia, Mexico)
- Europe, Middle East and Africa (e.g., United Kingdom, Italy, Germany)
- Asia-Pacific (e.g., Australia, India, South Korea)
As such, QuidelOrtho may share personal information collected through the QuidelOrtho Services to our affiliates for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice.
We do not sell your personal information. However, we share personal information with our Service Providers. Examples of Service Providers include analysis firms, advertisers, payment processing companies, customer service and support providers, email, IT services and SMS vendors, web hosting and development companies and fulfillment companies. Service Providers also include our co-promotion partners for products that we jointly develop and/or market with other companies.
Some Service Providers may collect personal data on behalf of QuidelOrtho. These third parties may be provided with access to personal data needed to perform their functions. QuidelOrtho’s practice is to require its Service Providers to keep your personal information confidential and to use personal information only to perform functions for QuidelOrtho.
If QuidelOrtho sells all or part of one of its product lines or divisions, your information may be transferred to the buyer. QuidelOrtho reserves the right to disclose your information to respond to authorized information requests from government authorities, to respond to valid judicial requests, to address national security situations, to provide security and investigate potential fraud, or when otherwise required by applicable law.
QuidelOrtho may also disclose your personal information as required by law to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory or government agency, court or other third party where we believe the disclosure is necessary or appropriate to comply with a regulatory requirement, judicial proceeding, court order, government request or legal process served on us, or to protect the safety, rights, or property of our customers, the public, QuidelOrtho or others, and to exercise, establish or defend QuidelOrtho’s or others’ legal rights.
QuidelOrtho may also disclose aggregate or de-identified data that is not personally identifiable to third parties for any purpose.
7. CROSS-BORDER TRANSFERS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Any personal information you provide to QuidelOrtho may be stored and processed, transferred between and accessed from the United States, where QuidelOrtho is headquartered, and other countries which may not guarantee the same level of protection of personal data as the one in which you reside. However, QuidelOrtho will handle your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice regardless of where your personal data is stored/accessed.
8. PRIVACY CHOICES AND UPDATES
Certain QuidelOrtho Services may ask whether you wish to opt-out or opt into our contact lists for marketing communications and/or additional services that may be of interest to you.
If you no longer wish to receive promotional marketing materials and/or the additional services and the related communications for those services, you may opt-out of receiving such materials.
For questions related to a Program that you enrolled in or if you wish to opt out of email marketing, refer to the Program email(s) for contact information to unsubscribe. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please also note that if you opt out of receiving marketing related messages from us, we retain the right to send you important transactional and administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
9. SUPPLEMENTAL PRIVACY NOTICES - BY JURISDICTION
You may have certain rights regarding our processing of your personal information. Depending on your jurisdiction, applicable law may entitle you to additional individual rights (with certain limitations and exceptions).
10. HOW LONG DOES QUIDELORTHO RETAIN PERSONAL INFORMATION?
11. HOW DOES QUIDELORTHO SECURE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
It is QuidelOrtho’s practice to take steps to secure our QuidelOrtho Services; however, the confidentiality of information transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting personal information over the Internet, especially personal information related to your health. QuidelOrtho cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not gain access to your information; therefore, when submitting personal information to QuidelOrtho Services, you must weigh both the benefits and the risks.
QuidelOrtho Services may link to third-party websites that are not controlled by QuidelOrtho or subject to this Privacy Notice. You should check the privacy policies of such third-party websites before submitting personal information.
12. DOES QUIDELORTHO COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
The QuidelOrtho Services are not intended for visitation or use by children and children are not authorized to access or use QuidelOrtho Services. QuidelOrtho does not knowingly collect or use any information from children (we define “children” as minors younger than 18). We do not knowingly allow children to order our products, communicate with us, or use any QuidelOrtho Services. If you are a parent or guardian and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us using one of the methods specified below and we will work with you to remove your child’s personal information from the QuidelOrtho Services.
13. THIRD-PARTY SITES, SERVICES, AND LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We may provide links to websites and other third-party content that is not owned or operated by QuidelOrtho. This Privacy Notice does not address the privacy, information security, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or web property that is available through the QuidelOrtho Services or to which the QuidelOrtho Services contains a link. The availability of, or inclusion of a link to, any such site or property on the website does not imply endorsement of it by us or by our affiliates. QuidelOrtho is not responsible for the privacy practices of any entity that it does not own or control. We recommend that you review the privacy notices or policies for all third-party websites that you may visit. We recommend that you communicate with the third-party site directly for information regarding their privacy practices.
14. HOW CAN I CONTACT QUIDELORTHO?
If you have questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us by emailing us at Privacy@quidelortho.com. Alternatively, you may send a letter to the following address:
Attention: Legal Department – Privacy Team
9975 Summers Ridge Rd
San Diego, CA 92121
15. PRIVACY NOTICE UPDATES
QuidelOrtho reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice at any time. If QuidelOrtho changes its privacy practices, a new Privacy Notice will reflect those changes and the effective date of the revised Privacy Notice will be set forth in this paragraph. This Privacy Notice was last updated on December 04, 2023 and is effective as of that date.